Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER, mtull and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

soundcontrol

I screwed up and blew the fusible link, but I fixed it again!  :yes:

71383bee

Weekend was just outstanding here in fortress Illinois. 

Changed the oil, got her back on her wheels and took it out for a few shakedown cruises.

Lots of cranks to get the gas back in her but she fired and came to life and held an idle nicely.  Rev N ator box is huge improvement on this.  Last hibernation startups required more  finesse. 

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

JS29

Putting the battery charger on, checking fluids. It's suppose to rain & snow mix tomorrow, so at least it will be ready when the weather lets up.  :headbang:   

Bpret

B

Well besides cleaning out the garage—again. My wife and I took a ride with my '71 Challenger  on April 10th. (Good Friday) and drove around NYC   IT WAS 10:30 am and nobody around.  It was surreal.  We both were off and needed to get out and do nothing.  My wife is a nurse and I'm a NYC Fireman so we are busy working with this horrid COVID-19.   Pic is of St Patrick's Cathedral NYC.   

Stay healthy

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama , beautiful 71 Chall  :bigthumb:

JS29

@B :welcome: From the middle or the state! I salute you and your wife for what you are doing.  :cheers:  :handshake:

jimynick

Good for you both! Nice car and I agree, seeing NYC like a ghost town is weird. By the way, welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  We're in the same boat. Perhaps if you placed this in the newbie section more folks could welcome you.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

jimynick

Nearly forgot; I spent 6 hours 400 grit block sanding one lousy 1/4 and sanding inside the poxy old hood. I'm starting to regret going away from my flat black "paint" job, I can tell ya lads!  :(
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

dodj

I'm thinking there might be one of these deserted NYC ebody pics in the calendar this year...  :thinking:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mr Lee

Before taking my bumper to get chromed, I decided I better fit it onto the car and check to make sure everything's cool.  For whatever reason, it wasn't.  It was sitting away and down.  After thinking for awhile on how to fix this, I decided to cut the brackets apart and make an intermediate piece with one slotted hole and one regular hole and bolt the two halves together so I can move it around while it's on the car.  I could tweak it's position and then tighten up the bolts.  Remove it, then weld it. 
It was still kind of a pain, and had to take the bumper on and off a bunch of times, but it worked. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

dodj

:clapping:
Very nice
I will be doing something similar with my '73 brackets.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

Brads70

Quote from: Mr Lee on April 22, 2020, 05:07:36 AM
Before taking my bumper to get chromed, I decided I better fit it onto the car and check to make sure everything's cool.  For whatever reason, it wasn't.  It was sitting away and down.  After thinking for awhile on how to fix this, I decided to cut the brackets apart and make an intermediate piece with one slotted hole and one regular hole and bolt the two halves together so I can move it around while it's on the car.  I could tweak it's position and then tighten up the bolts.  Remove it, then weld it. 
It was still kind of a pain, and had to take the bumper on and off a bunch of times, but it worked.

What happens if God forbid , you get rear ended ? How/where will the bumper fold up?  You might want to weld everything back up once you get it where you want it?  :alan2cents: