Main Menu

Ben Snobar Auction - Olympia, WA 8/1-2

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: rocketresto on July 11, 2017, 05:41:15 PM
BIG UPDATE:

Making tons of progress on the auction and it's looking like it will most likely be a one day auction instead of two.  Just an FYI to people traveling from out of town.

really one day????  How is that possible with all the parts and cars that are there?!?!?!?
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

rocketresto

The auction company is very professional and moves fast.  "Choicing" a lot of the items really speeds things up and we are combining a lot of stuff into big lots like all the pulleys, the starters, alternators, etc.  It gets the lot count down.  They can do 2500 lots in a day.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

cuda hunter

That's actually pretty cool.  Makes for some deals as things go fast.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

J-Code Jeni

It seems impossible to sell all this in one day but, hard things always seem impossible until you see them done!  :D

cudajunction

I said this before, but I guess it is worth mentioning again here, I have been to a big automotive auction in Brothers, OR that this company ran and they do not fool around.  They move right along and get it done.  They will not sit around and wait to the internet bidder to make up their mind like you see on TV, the hammer will drop and on to the next lot.

RUNCHARGER

I think that is good news. Bidders will get a better deal, they just have to be on their game.
Sheldon

rocketresto

Alright one week away!  Who on here is going?  Will do a big picture update on Monday.  Also Murphy has the bulk of the catalog online now.  Just found THREE NOS 72-74 Cuda grills.  Ben bought them back in 93, must have been the last couple in the system.  Found a set of 70 Challenger HL bezels and like 3 sets of 71's.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

soundcontrol

Damn! Who has that many Challenger grilles? And why...I just need one good grille.... :rolleyes:

Cuda Cody

I'll be there for sure!!!  Looking at those crates... is that how they will be selling the stuff in them?  Buy the crate?  I'm bringing an empty truck and a full wallet. 

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 22, 2017, 03:40:52 PM
I'll be there for sure!!!  Looking at those crates... is that how they will be selling the stuff in them?  Buy the crate?  I'm bringing an empty truck and a full wallet.
Don't hold back, hook up the trailer too!   :takemymoney: :yes:

rocketresto

Yes by the crate on a lot of the stuff.  Have one entire crate of E-Body door panels and bucket seat panel backs.  Can only break out the stuff so much to get through everything in a day.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

HP_Cuda

I guess the lots will be listed on the website soon eh?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

rocketresto

Probably 80-90% of the lots are online now.

http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/4940

Also please note a lot of the cars are labeled as "title delay".  Ben had about 40 of the cars not in his name but Murphy didn't let us know until about 3 weeks ago that they had to be transferred into Barb's name so titles are on the way and will be given to the new owners of the cars as soon as they arrive.  A couple of the cars are going to have to be sold with a WA State 3 year Bonded title which includes the 66 Satellite, the 72 U-Code Charger and one of the 62 Dodge's.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

MoparJunkie

I really wanted to go, but fortunately I'll be at work in training in southern California. I might end up having to try and buy stuff off of people who bought too much lol.

Roadman

Quote from: rocketresto on July 23, 2017, 12:08:13 PM
Probably 80-90% of the lots are online now.

http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/4940

Also please note a lot of the cars are labeled as "title delay".  Ben had about 40 of the cars not in his name but Murphy didn't let us know until about 3 weeks ago that they had to be transferred into Barb's name so titles are on the way and will be given to the new owners of the cars as soon as they arrive.  A couple of the cars are going to have to be sold with a WA State 3 year Bonded title which includes the 66 Satellite, the 72 U-Code Charger and one of the 62 Dodge's.

Just a thought. If I was able to attend I would go hoping that all the bidders were only interested in Mopar stuff, then I would try to snag one or both of the Merc. Cyclone Grabbers.   :D    :rebelflag"