Main Menu

ID Wiper motor

Started by soundcontrol, May 01, 2017, 11:34:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Are theese wiper motors for e-body?

anlauto

Looking at the wiring I'm guessing not, but what are the part numbers ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on May 01, 2017, 11:35:40 AM
Looking at the wiring I'm guessing not, but what are the part numbers ?

Don't know, I only have this picture.

Even if not correct, are they 2 or 3 speed, will they fit an e-body?

6bblgt

they are 3-speed - they will fit e-bodies but the (repositionable) top cover is clocked differently & may not park properly

the top one appears to be c-body or other??

the bottom one appears to be 2983033 early-'69 b-body

soundcontrol

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 01, 2017, 11:58:52 AM
they are 3-speed - they will fit e-bodies but the (repositionable) top cover is clocked differently & may not park properly

Aha.Thanks!

Cuda Cody

Yup, you really need to get the numbers off the case.  1970 & 1971 end with "077"

soundcontrol

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 01, 2017, 12:52:12 PM
Yup, you really need to get the numbers off the case.  1970 & 1971 end with "077"

Gonna check with the seller, he is selling both of them for 55 bucks, though it sounded like a good deal.

Cuda Cody

Even if B-Bodies that seems like a good deal.  Get the part number off of them and you'll know for sure what you have.

Timbbuc2

So a 3431077 would be for a 70-71? Thats the number on mine but it looks like the one in the picture.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

The 1970 and 1971 3 speed wiper motors all look very similar.  But (like 6bblgt said) they are clocked differently and designed to run different linkage.  I think the restorers can reclock them when you have it restored so you can use it for whatever your applications.  Or re-clock it yourself.

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 01, 2017, 02:14:47 PM
So a 3431077 would be for a 70-71? Thats the number on mine but it looks like the one in the picture.

Valkman

Is there a way to re clock them?

Cuda Cody

Yes, I think there is.  But I've never done it.  @Passion4Mopars  would probable know if it's something easy or if it's better left to someone with more experience then a beginning like me.

Quote from: Valkman on May 17, 2017, 04:18:36 PM

Is there a way to re clock them?

Passion4Mopars

Loosen the five screws on the switch plate and move the clocking nib to the correct position for the application you want to use, otherwise it will park in whatever position they are currently clocked for.

If there's a C body motor there, watch the bulkhead connector.  Looks exactly like an E body but it indexes on the opposite side.

Cuda Cody

:clapping:   Thank you!!!!   :twothumbsup:

Quote from: Passion4Mopars on May 17, 2017, 04:45:24 PM
Loosen the five screws on the switch plate and move the clocking nib to the correct position for the application you want to use, otherwise it will park in whatever position they are currently clocked for.

If there's a C body motor there, watch the bulkhead connector.  Looks exactly like an E body but it indexes on the opposite side.

Valkman

Quote from: Passion4Mopars on May 17, 2017, 04:45:24 PM

So if it's parking to soon (not going all the way to the home position) which way should I rotate the cover?