Main Menu

Serious slowdown on the site today

Started by HP_Cuda, September 20, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

The problem is spammers that will not freaking stop hitting us!   :headbang:   :pullinghair:  :verymad:  :madashell:

Brads70

I can't  get on at all this afternoon on my PC desktop , but just checked with my smartphone and I seem to be on as I am typing this response  lol .
Is it an issue with my  desktop then? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Brads70

I can't  get on at all this afternoon on my PC desktop , but just checked with my smartphone and I seem to be on as I am typing this response  lol .
Is it an issue with my  desktop then? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Jay Bee

@Brads70  just read your post on my iPad.

Replying now on my desktop. Working 100% on my end

Jay Bee

Can you get on CC.c using your desktop?

Brads70

Quote from: Jay Bee on July 29, 2021, 12:16:30 PM

Weird stuff happening...? Desktop now is ok. When I tried to post on my smartphone it came up with an error message , options were to discard, save and one other one I forget, so I selected discard  so I thought it didn't post. Tried after a bit on the desktop and poof there it is?
No idea where the problem lies....  :huh:

Brads70

Quote from: Jay Bee on July 29, 2021, 12:16:30 PM

yes every other site was no problem?

Jay Bee

Yeah, could be anything but it sounds like a glitch with your provider and you happened to catch it just at the right time.
Weird that every other site was okay, so forget what I said above.

anlauto

I've been having issues on and off all day, one time it loads no problem, next time it won't load at all  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1970Cuda

Yup, same here and sometimes it won't load - just a blank page. Also, what's with all the ads?

70vert

It has been randomly slow for me today, but not horrible. And I see NO adds since installing uBlock Origin, yay!!

soundcontrol

I use a laptop mostly, a newer Macbook Pro, right now the site is very slow, but no blank pages at least, then I tried my phone (iPhone), I use TapaTalk on that, and no issues in speed there. Not sure how that works, technically, but on TapaTalk I can access a lot of forums with TapaTalks interface. So if it is the server slowing down, why does TapaTalk run way faster?

larry4406

iPhone user here, normal website access via Safari, extremely slow.

blown motor

Extremely slow for me today too, iPhone or laptop with Chrome. This morning I couldn't even get pages to load on my laptop. @Cuda Cody @Chryco Psycho I know it has always been Cody's idea to have a free website but I would be more than willing to make a contribution if we could eliminate the slowdowns. Sometimes it's just too frustrating to go on. Sorry, I love this site and the people on it but that's how bad it is sometimes.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

Okay.  Found the issue.  Over the last week the forum has been targeted by spammers out of Germany.  On average a couple times a day they were attacking the forum about 8,000 to 9,000 times in 24 hours.  We have made some changes to the firewall that should stop them.

Thanks you everyone for letting me know the site was super slow and hopefully the new changes will help keep those spammers out.