Main Menu

71 'Cuda restoration

Started by Tunis, March 28, 2017, 04:24:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 17, 2021, 06:42:19 AM
Looks nice! I think we've all did the caliper mess up at one time or another. I usually throw a moving blanket over the engine on the install.

When I installed my first set of Wilwood disc brakes. I called their tech line and they told me that they prefer to be hung off the back, and most aftermarket spindles, like in the recent RMS kit I'm building, don't give you a choice  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Tunis

@anlauto I see, so which is better? Should I flip them again and hang the calipers in the back? What differences, if any, is there? I read somewhere that having the brake lines cross the steering axle is preferred.

anlauto

I don't really know which is "better" and the Wilwood tech guy couldn't give me a decent answer either....I just started looking at a bunch of high performance new cars, and they all seem to be hung off the back  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

I had read many variations as to why.
One that stuck with me was loading.
When hitting brakes the calipers get "loaded". That load is then transferred into suspension.
Front mounted transfer that load into in essence the tire pushing it into the ground.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JS29

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 17, 2021, 08:53:15 PM
I had read many variations as to why.
One that stuck with me was loading.
When hitting brakes the calipers get "loaded". That load is then transferred into suspension.
Front mounted transfer that load into in essence the tire pushing it into the ground.
I read that somewhere as well.  :alan2cents:

Tunis

I need some help from someone with a complete car.

With the battery disconnected, with an ohmmeter across the battery cables, what resistance do you get with the ignition key in off, on and start?

Thank you!

soundcontrol

Off: 93,8 kOhms
Ign on: 7,5 Ohms
Start: 11,5 Ohms

On my Barracuda, 318/904

Tunis

Super! Thank you very much!  :worship: