Main Menu

My AAR project

Started by 6Pack70, November 06, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6Pack70

Wait, I just had another thought,   maybe on the non-rallye dash cars, the Road Lamp switch is in the way?  Rallye dash cars have the switch located on the bottom of the dash frame correct?  Maybe a whole bunch or maybe all Road Lamp equipped Cudas with the standard dash are missing the heater control light.   :dunno:  Tough to say for sure.   Here's a pic of my original setup all cleaned up with no light.  Next pic is an original un-touched light.   Doesn't look like it would interfere with a Road Lamp switch to me.   Any other Non-Rallye gauge AAR owners out there have this light?     I might be just overthinking this a bit.... I should just install the light and enjoy.   lol 

YellowThumper

Thanks for all of your details on the details...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

6Pack70

My visit to Tony's shop today.   Body looks incredible and the guys are doing a great job.   Can't thank them enough.   :worship:    FE5 Rallye Red will be coming soon.    :banana:

larry4406

The pictures of the body masked off - why do the quarters and fenders have darker tinted primer above the body accent line?  Artifact of guide coats for perfecting the edge?

6Pack70

That's exactly what that is  :bigthumb:  I asked if they could make that trademark Cuda body line straight and sharp, then knock it down just a little before final prime.  Doors are done and once they go back on, they'll put the finishing touches on the lines.    Can't wait to see that red on it, getting super excited  :banana:

Aar1064

Bet your getting excited Eddie. Nothing like color to get you pumped up for the next steps.

6Pack70

Got that right buddy.... I was losing sleep Saturday night just knowing I was headed over to visit the body yesterday morning. Lol.   I had a mental list of the little things that I wanted to check on.  These guys didn't miss a thing and they're fixing things that you never see until you start sanding.   I'm sure you know all about this. Lol.   

Aar1064

At this time everything gets pushed up to the third level meaning the concerns and worries are at defcon 5. Make it or break it so to speak. So many things are going through your head that you fail to see the trip wire right in front of you. My dad came up from Arkansas and we tag teamed the color/clear. This allowed me to relax a bit but I was still nervous as hell.

I'm saying all of this because I'm with ya brother. I know what you're going through and in the end it will be awesome!

6Pack70

Thanks for the kind words Chet.  Every so often I do have to tell myself to relax, it's an automoblie.  However I'm sure it'll be a sleepless night before I spray the Organisol.  Lol

E74cuda

Quote from: anlauto on December 06, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
The orange wire supplies power to the flood lamp for the heater controls....I'm surprised your car is missing the light altogether, I thought they were a standard light on all dashes  :dunno:...I'm going to check the AAR I'm taking apart....stay tuned...

A little late but if a car didn't get the A01 light package there was no convivence dash lights. The dash in the picture has A01 and A04 along with headlight time delay

6Pack70

:banana:

RUNCHARGER

Nice: An exciting time for sure.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

Just a few more weeks before more PPG Concept starts flying.   Then it will sit for a little longer and then Cody's formula for the Urethane Organisol.  I can't wait to shoot that.  Tony, Dave and Brandon are doing an incredible job on the body and paint.   All three of these guys do not mess around or cut corners.  I'm so lucky to have these guys helping me with the AAR.     :worship:

Hood has been straightened and smoothed and is in DP90.   The bottom will remain untouched and the top will get scuffed with scotchbrite before Organisol treatment. 

CudaMoparRay

Really great project and details thanks