Main Menu

PINK AAR CUDA

Started by HEMICUDA, April 15, 2020, 09:25:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

Quote from: chris NOS on April 18, 2020, 03:13:40 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on April 17, 2020, 08:15:38 PM
1970 e-bodies in all colors except EB7(dark blue), EF8 (dark green) & TX9 (black) are supposed to have cowl & core support "blackout"

there are known cars in the above colors with "blackout" & I'm sure there are original paint cars missing the treatment, but it is NOT the "norm"

i think there is a time change in production in 1970 , but somebody more educated will have to confirm when.

when & where was the above mentioned "Vitamin C" 'cuda built, got pics?

here's the cowl on my mid-July 1970 built FF4 Challenger  :rubeyes:

mccannix

QuoteEnough fluff though, your ego doesn't need any help,this is just my honest opinion as much as it pains me to say it .  ;)
Well, I'll be the first to say that after Jim's galvanizing invigoration in the above post I'm going to get Mike a fitted cape and send it to the shop

JEJJ

"I'm going to get Mike a fitted cape and send it to the shop"....LOL Terry, will you be taking yours off to make the pattern??...Oh master of all that is NOS and original  :worship:
I wish I knew what you have forgotten my friend  :cheers:

fjrdoc

This AAR is going to be beautiful! It would be interesting to know how many pink AARs were produced..... I'm sure it has to be as rare as hens teeth.
I love E bodies and have always dreamed of having either an AAR or a T/A.  My life has lead me down the Mopar A body path.  My first car was a 1970 Duster 340 which I have managed to keep since 1979.  I met Mike through an acquaintance after being thoroughly screwed by another body/ restoration shop. We agreed that he would help me finish my shell so that I could assemble my project. I had started my project in 2012 and had completed all my component restorations before Mike got my body.
This project was my first attempt at a restoration. Now that my car is finished, I can tell you that I have the utmost respect for Mike and the quality of his work. His work exceeded all my expectations and he was able to complete the project in a very timely manner. I'm sure that Mike is glad to get back to working on E bodies after have to deal with all the body lines of my 1970 Duster. Your AAR is good hands.

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/finally-getting-to-it-1970-duster-340.225784/

6bblgt

while I won't call it common, there are a lot of FM3 T/As and AARs (& FJ6 to a lesser extent due to its similarity to FJ5)

due to both the color and the TRANS AM cars being released in the spring - it was a perfect place to "showcase" what's new  :wowzers:
- the majority of FM3 'cudas (BS23) are AARs - as of July 2017 the AAR registry can account for 53
- the majority of FM3 Challengers (JH23) are T/As - has anyone seen a recent known #?, last I saw was north of 50 also

(BS23 w/FM3 ~150)
(JH23 w/FM3 ~277)

fjrdoc

Thanks for the info 6bblgt. Higher numbers than I expected but I'm sure that 50 years of attrition have helped to bring those numbers down. Thanks for the info and insight.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: JEJJ on April 18, 2020, 04:01:11 PM
"I'm going to get Mike a fitted cape and send it to the shop"....LOL Terry, will you be taking yours off to make the pattern??...Oh master of all that is NOS and original  :worship:
I wish I knew what you have forgotten my friend  :cheers:

There is no way I can wear the cape that Terry wears, my shoes are no where near big enough to support it, he's been the quiet master Yoda for many years. :worship:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on April 18, 2020, 01:02:55 AM
Beautiful work Mike.

Thx for that brother, aside from our metal work/body and paint, I would be more than happy to be compared to the detail work you do. :worship:

6bblgt

Quote from: fjrdoc on April 19, 2020, 05:11:53 AM
Thanks for the info 6bblgt. Higher numbers than I expected but I'm sure that 50 years of attrition have helped to bring those numbers down. Thanks for the info and insight.

there may be a few "known dead & gone" but the numbers keep increasing as cars are found, info shared & noticed because they're restored to original "PINK"

signsgonebye

My Vitamin C was built 9/26/69 in Hamtramck MI

fjrdoc

HEMICUDA

Quote from: fjrdoc on April 26, 2020, 07:03:13 AM
Looking good Mike.

We do the best we can with the little talent we have, sometimes it's stretched thin, but we get there.  :D

JS29

I like the processes you developed,  :bravo: That kind of deduction can only come from a deeply disturbed man!  :haha: Looking forward to seeing more, as this gives encouragement to achieve a better result.    :handshake: 

JS29

:huh: Funny, I thought this thread WAS positive!!! He is showing some well crafted processes to show members how to achieve a better way of restoring and reconditioning parts and assembles.

Spikedog08

Quote from: JS29 on April 27, 2020, 07:51:53 AM
:huh: Funny, I thought this thread WAS positive!!! He is showing some well crafted processes to show members how to achieve a better way of restoring and reconditioning parts and assembles.

That is the reason he didn't get banned forever . . . He has the knowledge and ability to add positive material to this site which is what I'm sure all members would want and look forward to.   

:bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!