Main Menu

project phantom

Started by Cuda70-74, July 05, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JonH

That would not stop me from installing the drive train. I would bolt it all in even with just 2 bolts. I just would not be driving it too hard that way. You can always swap in the correct 1 when you get it...

YellowThumper

Quote from: JonH on June 26, 2020, 12:48:32 PM
That would not stop me from installing the drive train. I would bolt it all in even with just 2 bolts. I just would not be driving it too hard that way. You can always swap in the correct 1 when you get it...

This I agree with.
Bolt it in and go lightly. Possibly just slot the crossmember holes to allow all 4 connections. If welder is available you could weld on washers to outside faces that align with car holes. This would keep location proper.

Those are  significantly off. I would definitely source a factory cross member to replace it though. Above comment is just a bandaid.
Hopefully... the misalignment is not the floor being collapsed.
Hence reason I noted factory part as replacement. Not an aftermarket piece.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda70-74

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 26, 2020, 01:39:16 PM
Quote from: JonH on June 26, 2020, 12:48:32 PM

This I agree with.
Bolt it in and go lightly. Possibly just slot the crossmember holes to allow all 4 connections. If welder is available you could weld on washers to outside faces that align with car holes. This would keep location proper.

Those are  significantly off. I would definitely source a factory cross member to replace it though. Above comment is just a bandaid.
Hopefully... the misalignment is not the floor being collapsed.
Hence reason I noted factory part as replacement. Not an aftermarket piece.
I don't think the floor collapsed. The crossmember came as a spare and was not installed on the car
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

As im waiting for parts and some money. I decided to remove the doors skins and i was just wondering if anybody has used the cuda doors skins? Does the  door skins cover the inner part of the door which is in the 2nd pic? I wasnt too sure since i cant see the other of the door skins and their's no pics
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Today i change the rear main seal,install the flywheel,clutch kit and the starter
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

I was just wondering doesn't anybody know where I can get the rear sway bar bushings and end link for a 74 cuda?? I weld a stud in where the spot welds go on the rear sway bar for easy replacement
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Painting the door shell with some corroseal came out nice.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Well today i was going to install my passenger side door window due to my door falling and breaking the glass. I got the door window hardware kit and cant seem figured out where things go and im missing bolts that go thru the hard plastic clip thing which is in pic 2
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

I am literally lost on where these window hardware go for the window. One my driver side window has stuff different than what in my door window hardware. I figured out the orange hardware goes into the roller on the channel but im too sure is something is suppose to go in between the orange roller?
1969 mustang
1968 charger

soundcontrol

@Cuda70-74, If you need pictures, I can take my door panel of my Barracuda off tomorrow (thunder and pouring rain tonight),
was gonna do it soon anyways to glue a crack in the panel. Let me know

Cuda70-74

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 28, 2020, 10:31:21 AM
@Cuda70-74, If you need pictures, I can take my door panel of my Barracuda off tomorrow (thunder and pouring rain tonight),
was gonna do it soon anyways to glue a crack in the panel. Let me know
Thanks that will be great fully appreciated
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Chryco Psycho

I am not sure te rear sway bar busins are available , likely you will need to find a similar busin & make it fit , Poly may be a better option

soundcontrol

That was more difficult than I thought, can't get my phone in there to get good shots, too tight. This is what I could get to, not much help maybe...
I'll leave the door side off for now, let me know if you need any more pict.

Cuda70-74

Thanks for the pics. Do you think u could get a pictures of the front roller of the door
1969 mustang
1968 charger

dodj

Maybe this will help. From the dodge service, manual.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill