Main Menu

Serious slowdown on the site today

Started by HP_Cuda, September 20, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Cody yes mate you are doing a fantastic job.Here down under in Aust ya the suit was a little slow ,But it was no big deal ,All good the best ebody forum I have come across full stop. :australia:

Chryco Psycho

Right now I am averaging over 5 mins to make each post  :Thud:

RUNCHARGER

Yikes! Mine is pretty much normal.
Sheldon

JS29

:iagree: Mine is working fine, But I have seen it like Neil has it at times.

soundcontrol

I see a slowdown at times also, not all the time, but sometimes its super slow. Been like this for a week or so.
All my other sites are fast.

Cuda Cody

Yup, slow for me too.  I just need to find time to install CloudFlare.  I'm told that will help keep the spammers down.  Because our site is search engine friendly, it attracts a lot of spammers.  They flood our servers and slow it down to a crawl.  :pullinghair:

Jay Bee

Just came back on after being off a couple weeks and it's the worse slow down I've ever experienced.

Is this just an anomaly today or the new norm???

Ha, go figure, no sooner that I posted my comment and it just sped back up to normal

blown motor

It was punishing you for off a couple weeks.  :pokeeye:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

soundcontrol

Site is superslow again, same thing happened yesterday when I tried to post, waited for minutes for a post to update, then just a blank screen. Left the site, when I came back a few hrs later it was OK and my post was there. But now it's crawling again.

soundcontrol

Same again, 1 hr ago I could not post at all. Now it works again.

Jay Bee

I notice it too and find that it seems to be more and more frequent.
I just abort and try back later. Being retired it's no big deal but I can see it being a problem if you have time limitations like lunchtime at work, etc.

Daveh

Mine is super slow also been like that for awhile and my machine is relatively new and was always fast until recently.  Sometimes it freezes up and I have to get out and go back in.  It's been iffy for me very since the pop ups began.  I would still be willing to contribute to the site to get those to go away.  Love the site and Cody does an awesome job.  Just trying to think out of the box. 

dhh

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 28, 2020, 10:00:40 AM
Yup, slow for me too.  I just need to find time to install CloudFlare.  I'm told that will help keep the spammers down.  Because our site is search engine friendly, it attracts a lot of spammers.  They flood our servers and slow it down to a crawl.  :pullinghair:

What is your latency SLA?

Chryco Psycho

15 mins to open a blank screen tonight  :Thud:

Brads70

Super slow right now about 60 seconds to load a page. I opened another tag to check another web site and it loaded fine. Just thought I'd mention in case it helps you diagnose the problem?