Main Menu

project phantom

Started by Cuda70-74, July 05, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda70-74

I was putting 71 cuda grill together and one of the grill fins if that's what u would call it wouldn't  fit smh.Plus how do u install the trim in the pic below
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Deadeye74

[/quote]You can always mod your 74 fenders to have the gills. It will take some time to get that roof area fix and im going to go one gauge steel above the original but I won't be on it  til I finish welding up the rear. I got a problem where I bounce around different areas on the project.
[/quote]

Oh yeah...I had though about the gills back in '95...but I couldn't do it to basically an all original #'s car. When I did change things I kept whatever came off and made sure it could be put back to factory very easily. 

:haha: You have the same "oh look..squirrel" technique as I do I see! I did my resto at the steel shop I worked at. During the work day I would sneak over to the building it was in and do whatever I could before the boss came looking for me. Sat & Sun when nobody else worked with me I had the car hanging from the bridge crane blasting and working on the undercarriage. Then I stayed after work until 10-11pm and did some more. I didnt have a garage at the time so you have it made there...work at your own pace.

Sorry..cant help you with the grill...I only have the '74 service manuals.

anlauto

All six grill inserts are different, you might have got two mixed up or shipped two of the same ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda70-74

Quote from: Deadeye74 on July 20, 2017, 09:44:55 AM
You can always mod your 74 fenders to have the gills. It will take some time to get that roof area fix and im going to go one gauge steel above the original but I won't be on it  til I finish welding up the rear. I got a problem where I bounce around different areas on the project.
[/quote]

Oh yeah...I had though about the gills back in '95...but I couldn't do it to basically an all original #'s car. When I did change things I kept whatever came off and made sure it could be put back to factory very easily. 

:haha: You have the same "oh look..squirrel" technique as I do I see! I did my resto at the steel shop I worked at. During the work day I would sneak over to the building it was in and do whatever I could before the boss came looking for me. Sat & Sun when nobody else worked with me I had the car hanging from the bridge crane blasting and working on the undercarriage. Then I stayed after work until 10-11pm and did some more. I didnt have a garage at the time so you have it made there...work at your own pace.

Sorry..cant help you with the grill...I only have the '74 service manuals.
[/quote] lol very true.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Quote from: anlauto on July 20, 2017, 09:54:14 AM
All six grill inserts are different, you might have got two mixed up or shipped two of the same ?
You are correct I did have 2 of the same insert for the left said. I wonder if they  could just send me 1. I will call them tomorrow
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

My QA1 upper control arm and strut rods came today
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Alan is right.  Looks like you got the wrong size.

That QA1 looks pretty cool.   :lookatthat:

Cuda70-74

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 20, 2017, 02:24:30 PM
:iagree:  Alan is right.  Looks like you got the wrong size.

That QA1 looks pretty cool.   :lookatthat:
They all came in one box with the grill. Hopefully they can just send me one that fits. Qa1 looks cool I'm going to use my stock lower control arm and probably just change the bushing.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

soundcontrol

[/quote] I'm going to use my stock lower control arm and probably just change the bushing.
[/quote]

Add the reinforcement plates to the LCA's, cheap and good modification.

Cuda70-74

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 21, 2017, 12:19:12 AM

I'm going to use my stock lower control arm and probably just change the bushing.
[/quote] Thanks I will.

Add the reinforcement plates to the LCA's, cheap and good modification.
[/quote]
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Call the company about the grill and there going to send me  another grill insert. I also welded in the front radiator support. It took some massage to make it work though.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

usraptor

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on July 21, 2017, 04:57:32 PM
Call the company about the grill and there going to send me  another grill insert. I also welded in the front radiator support. It took some massage to make it work though.

Good news.  Glad to see your progress.  It's really coming along nicely.  :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

Great to see the progress on your build !
Glad the company will make the grille problem right for you too

YellowThumper

" I got a problem where I bounce around different areas on the project."
Don't consider it a problem. Consider it as providing time to sort ideas for any given project.
I jump in with both feet on everything. Work thru what I know and then move on to another. All the while still thinking and planning for the one i moved away from. Many times it takes weeks or even months to "sort" in my head how to tackle something. Once figured you move back to it and then put the other back on the slow burner.
Any progress, no matter how small is progress. I most times only get 15-20 minutes a day. Things like prepping to clean stuff. Then tomorrow clean using what I prepped.

Enjoying what you have going.  :bigthumb:

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda70-74

Thanks I appreciate it
1969 mustang
1968 charger