Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Not "today" actually, I am a few days late in posting, but Sunday I drove my convertible to a big all makes car show in Morris IL.  Since almost everything got canceled here this year, I am sure glad everything worked out for the show.  They didn't cancel it, the weather was perfect, and my car made it there and back without issue.  :banana:  The show is about 65 miles from my house, and for several reasons it has been quite a while since I took the car more than 25 miles from my house for anything.  I got new tires in spring, so I can now drive on the highway without worry of one of the 25 year old Eagle STs I had blowing up on me!
There were a lot of E bodies at the show besides my Challenger and my friend Glens 71 Challenger who drove there behind me.  There were some E bodies I might not have even seen as there were so many cars there.  I saw my friend Georges FC7 70 cuda pull in, and later leave but never actually saw his car parked there for example!
Ricomondo here on the board had his Challenger T/A there.  First time I got to see it in person, at least since Ray bought it.  I saw it at a Mecum auction 4 or 5 years ago, all blinged up with a lot of 80s era mods and a Dana 60 rear end, Ray has done a great job bringing it back to stock!
Here are my pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157716418950027

soundcontrol

Had a day off, finally fixed the brakes on the Barracuda, I ordered new brake shoes from RockAuto, not riveted, so now I have new shoes and new brake cylinders in the front. And it works fine. I also changed the non working heater valve, so hot water is now flowing thru the AC Box, I still have to fix the fan, fall is coming and I need a defroster now. And an oil leak, not sure where it leaks, drips down the rear of the engine and off the bellhousing.
I'm scheduled to work every day including weekends and from tomorrow to Dec 15th now, so no more work on my projects before Christmas.

And I got a brand new AC/DC TIG welder, no time to try it.  :-[

Chryco Psycho

Check the oil pressure sender at the rear of the block , common place for leaks

Scooter

Quote from: soundcontrol on October 17, 2020, 11:06:07 AM
Had a day off, finally fixed the brakes on the Barracuda, I ordered new brake shoes from RockAuto, not riveted, so now I have new shoes and new brake cylinders in the front. And it works fine. I also changed the non working heater valve, so hot water is now flowing thru the AC Box, I still have to fix the fan, fall is coming and I need a defroster now. And an oil leak, not sure where it leaks, drips down the rear of the engine and off the bellhousing.
I'm scheduled to work every day including weekends and from tomorrow to Dec 15th now, so no more work on my projects before Christmas.

And I got a brand new AC/DC TIG welder, no time to try it.  :-[

On my 70 Charger the vacuum heater controls were all roached.

I manually set it to defrost and hard wired a toggle switch to the blower motor.

:alan2cents:

soundcontrol

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 17, 2020, 11:49:21 AM
Check the oil pressure sender at the rear of the block , common place for leaks

Could be. I thought it was around the oil filter adapter, but I crawled under with a flashlight today and it was oily above that point.

soundcontrol

Quote from: Scooter on October 17, 2020, 12:39:30 PM

On my 70 Charger the vacuum heater controls were all roached.

I manually set it to defrost and hard wired a toggle switch to the blower motor.

:alan2cents:

I had the same issue on my Challenger, was gonna fix it in 2015, that and some other small things, but I joined this forum (first CC, then this), got inspired and the car is still in small pieces!  :D
I do have another set of controls from the Challenger, if needed, got a Vintage Air for that one.

Cudajason

Washed it and went for a drive!!!!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

GoodysGotaCuda

Put 150 miles on the Warlock today to pickup our little project boat [$900]. We'll use it at the neighborhood lake until the kids grow out of it and we need to go fast.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Scooter

Yesterday hwy 9 thru Boulder Creek & Felton to Santa Cruz. Up Hwy 1 to 4 corners then back to Hwy 1 up to Pacifica before going home. Just shy of 200 miles logged yesterday.

Today around the East Bay and through Niles Canyon to Sunol.

Pigeon Lighthouse on the coast.

CNUMB

Took the 71 and the wife took the 18 to a local show.. The 71 got a Best of Show, the wife got an Overall Best of show with the 18.. Nice day to be out... The reflection of the 71 in our Black 18 is cool...

RUNCHARGER

Finished up Greg's GTM today, easy just riveted some carbon fiber parts on. Yesterday I completed the skinning of my son's 68 Charger (well actually I still have to complete the tacks along the top of the right quarter but that's cake, probably 3 hours). In the immediate wings is install flooring on the main floor of the house, then I am on to help with a friend's 64 Sport Fury convt. It should be minor completion of assembly I believe but lately things seem to spiral into complications so we'll see. Pretty happy the Charger started out 1/4 inch out right to left but it's perfect now and the upper and lower quarter end caps fit perfect (anyone that's done a 68-70 Charger will know what I mean). I haven't taken a day off in 2 months so that will feel weird tomorrow.
Sheldon

CNUMB

The left brake light, left turn signal quit working .. I jumped the left brake wire to the right a couple weeks ago while waiting on the turn signal switch from Rock Auto.. BTW, I learned that probably was the problem reading thru the electrical issue posts on this forum, Thank You!!, Changed it out today, all is good.. But my question is why would anyone do what is in this pic of the one I took out.. Seems you go thru all the trouble to get to this switch, which does not cost a fortune, and attempt to repair :thinking: 

YellowThumper

Put a lock on its cover and removed the ECU as it will reside outside for a couple months.
Started to open the MS3 box to see if there is evidence of anything awry. Was running perfect for months and without changing anything I developed a short that illuminates the dash blinker bulbs. Trying to trace what I believe is an inadvertent ground.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Marty

Painted the Barracuda this morning.

RUNCHARGER

Nice! Lots of hard work to get it to this exciting point!
Sheldon