Main Menu

project phantom

Started by Cuda70-74, July 05, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on July 29, 2020, 07:13:04 AM
Thanks for the pics. Do you think u could get a pictures of the front roller of the door

I'll try now, in a minute!

soundcontrol

Only from the outside, I can slide the iPhone in behind the window but the focus is not that short so it just becomes a blur.

Cuda70-74

Thanks again. Im trying to figure out what type of bolt goes on this one. Here is a picture hopefully this will help
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

soundcontrol

Aha, I see, It's not a bolt, looks like a rivet?
I can not take a pict of the back of that though, but it dosen't feel like a nut either...
The rear one is a bolt, has a 1/2" head.

Cuda70-74

1969 mustang
1968 charger

dodj

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 29, 2020, 08:59:54 AM
Aha, I see, It's not a bolt, looks like a rivet?
I can not take a pict of the back of that though, but it dosen't feel like a nut either...
The rear one is a bolt, has a 1/2" head.
It's a screw.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cuda70-74

Thanks for all the helps guys. I got the doors skins on but didn't finish due to getting a headache from hammering and dolling around the edge. These are some AMD door skins I got.I was just wondering can I just sand it down with some 400 grit and paint some 2k primer on it and then just paint it the body color?
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Quick question what kinda bolt go thru these holes on the door pillar? I see their's no thread in there. Its been so long i forgot lol
1969 mustang
1968 charger

soundcontrol

The threads are in the door hinge, for the first pict and those bolts go in from the inside, the upper hinge....I don't recall right now, not from the inside I think.

Cuda70-74

Quote from: soundcontrol on August 06, 2020, 11:32:46 PM
The threads are in the door hinge, for the first pict and those bolts go in from the inside, the upper hinge....I don't recall right now, not from the inside I think.
thanks
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Got my radiator and broken electric fans in today. A new fan is on its way. They both look like they belong their just got to fab up a bracket for it. 05-08 charger radiator and electric fans
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Quick question anybody ever had a hard time installing a a833 tranny in a gen 3 hemi. I got the input shaft and it wouldn't go in any further so I got the bell housing close to the engine block and kinda forced it in some more but its still not flushed.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

YellowThumper

Not personally but try and narrow issue down. Loosen bolts to allow it to float rearward or remove trans and see if the bellhousing will close up. If it does, that rules out housing.
Remove housing and install trans to see if it will go in far enough to measure less distance than thickness of bell housing.
Off the cuff I will surmise the hole in rear of crank is not deep enough for the input shaft requirement.
Good luck.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda70-74

Thanks ill try again tomorrow with my brother. I was thinking of copying the alignment tool since it fits
1969 mustang
1968 charger

dodj

I've loosened off the pressure plate bolts to allow the clutch to move when installing my 833. Makes install easier.
Don't forget to snug them back down though....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill